1. Registration to Kestrelflyer membership is open to persons aged 12 and over, with a mailing address in Mauritius or any other country that does not prohibit participation in this programme.
2. Applicants must complete the membership application form and send it to the address detailed on it.
Evidence of travel on Air Mauritius must be produced if required and must be within the 12 months prior to the application enclosed with the application in the name of the prospective member. Industry and agent discounted tickets will not be considered for the purpose of the application. Membership commences on the date application is approved.
3. Air Mauritius reserves the right to refuse, at any time, the membership application form or, at its discretion terminates membership of the Kestrelflyer Programme without giving any notice or reasons.
4. Kestrelflyer, Kestrelflyer Silver and Kestrelflyer Gold cards and baggage tags are the property of Air Mauritius and can be recalled at anytime.
5. Kestrelflyer card is personal and is not transferable.
6. Membership cards are subject to paragraph 3 and are valid up to date indicated on the card.
7. At membership expiry date, each member's miles with Air Mauritius are reviewed and subject to paragraph 3 membership renewed as per the qualification criteria.
8. Any taxes or duties arising from participation in the programme shall be paid by the member.
9. Miles accumulated shall also be forfeited without entitlement to compensation.
10. Miles Purchased under the Cash & Miles feature, are non-refundable and non-transferable.
11. Air Mauritius does not guarantee and accepts no liability from loss or damage arising from the provision or non-provision of services or benefits by its Program Partners.
12. The additional baggage allowance benefit with Kestrelflyer Silver or Kestrelflyer Gold does not apply to someone travelling with staff or rebated ticket.
13. Abuse of the Kestrelflyer, Kestrelflyer Silver or Kestrelflyer Gold services and benefits; failure to follow the programme terms and conditions; or any misinterpretation of information relating to the programme may result in cancellation of membership.
14. Members should notify the Customer Loyalty Centre of any change of address or email if any in writing.
Frequent flyer Guide 12/13
15. By accepting to become a member of the Kestrelflyer programme, the applicant hereby consents to the collection, processing and use of any personal data regarding the applicant, provided at the time of the application or to be provided when already a member to Air Mauritius, for:
(a) the purposes of handling the member's account with Air Mauritius;
(b) marketing purposes and sharing the personal data to Air Mauritius program partners; and/or
(c) Such other purposes as may be permitted by applicable laws and regulations.
Should an applicant at any time after becoming a member request in writing to stop, or not to begin the processing of his personal data for marketing purposes and sharing his personal data to other program partners, Air Mauritius shall as soon as reasonably practicable stop the processing of the personal data of the member for marketing and sharing purposes.
Air Mauritius however reserves the right in such a case to terminate the applicant's membership in the Kestrelflyer programme.
16. An administration fee of 10 euros will be charged for replacement of misplaced / lost cards.
17. Air Mauritius reserves the right to amend, modify, alter and/or terminate at any time, without giving notice, throughout the world, or in a specific country the Kestrelflyer programme. This includes the right of Air Mauritius to terminate at any time the right of any or all members of the Kestrelflyer programme to earn or redeem mileage and/or other benefits enjoyed under the present scheme.
18. Air Mauritius shall not be liable for any loss or damage, whether direct, indirect or consequential resulting from termination or change of the rules pertaining to the Kestrelflyer scheme or any of the facilities, benefits or arrangements which are made available to Kestr Kestrelflyer members including the withdrawal or limiting of any such benefits, facilities or arrangements advertised or provided to the Kestrelflyer member.
19. While Air Mauritius will use its reasonable endeavors to ensure that the services, benefits, facilities and/or arrangements expressed or advertised as being available to Kestrelflyer members, Air Mauritius does not guarantee that such services, benefits, facilities and/or arrangements will be made available and Air Mauritius will not be liable for any loss or damage, whether direct, indirect or consequential from the provision or non-provision, whether in whole or in part, of any such services, benefits, facilities or arrangements.
20. In the event of death of a member, membership will be terminated and all accumulated mileage and unused awards will be cancelled.
21. The terms and conditions of Kestrelflyer scheme are governed by the Laws of the Republic of Mauritius. In the event of any dispute both parties agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Mauritian Court.
Terms and conditions