Rules & information on schedules, delays, cancellations of flights
Get the information regarding schedules, delays and cancellation of flights below.
The flight times shown in timetables may change between the date of publication and the date you actually travel. We do not guarantee them to you and they do not form part of your contract with us.
Before we accept your booking, we or our authorised agent will notify you of the scheduled flight time in effect as of that time, and it will be shown on your Ticket or itinerary and receipt. It is possible we may need to change the schedules flight time subsequent issuance of your Ticket. If you provide us or our authorised agent with contact information, we will endeavour to notify you of any such changes.
If, after you purchase your Ticket, we make a significant change to the scheduled flight time, which is not acceptable to you, and we or our authorised agent are unable to bo ok you on an alternative flight which is acceptable to you, you will be entitled to a refund in accordance with Article 10.2.
9.2 Cancellation, Rerouting, Delays, etc
Note: In the event of flight delays or cancellations in the People’s Republic of China and Hong Kong SAR, other conditions of carriage will apply, please read here
9.2.1 We will take all necessary measure to avoid delay in carrying you and your baggage. In the exercise of these measures and in order to prevent a flight cancellation, in exceptional circumstances, we may arrange for a flight to be operated on our behalf by an alternative carrier and/or aircraft or by both.
9.2.2 If we cancel a flight, fail to operate a flight reasonably according to the schedule, fail to stop at your destination or stopover destination, or cause you to miss a connecting flight on which you hold a confirmed reservation, we shall, at your option, either:
18.104.22.168 Carry you at the earliest opportunity on another of our schedule services on which a seat is available without additional charge and, where necessary, extend the validity period of your Ticket: or
22.214.171.124 Within a reasonable period of time re -route you to the destination shown on your Ticket either using our services or those of another carrier, or by other mutually agreed means and class of transportation without additional charge. If the fare and charges for the revised routing are lower than what your have paid, we will be entitled to a refund; or
126.96.36.199 Make a refund in accordance with the provisions of Article10.
The above 3 remedies are the only remedies available to you. We will have no further liability to you except as may be provided for by the applicable convention.
9.2.3 If we are unable to provide seats on a flight for which passengers have both a valid ticket and a confirmed reservation, we shall provide compensation to those Passengers denied boarding in accordance with applicable laws and according to our policy.
EU261 Compensation Claims
1. This Article applies to claims for compensation under EU Regulation 261/2004.
2. Passengers must submit claims directly to Air Mauritius and allow Air Mauritius sufficient time or such time as prescribed by applicable law (whichever is the lesser) to respond directly to them.
3. Air Mauritius will not process claims submitted by a third party if the passenger concerned has not submitted the claim directly to Air Mauritius and allowed Air Mauritius time to respond, in accordance with Article 2 above.
4. Articles 2 and 3 above will not apply to passengers who do not have the capacity to submit claims themselves. The legal guardian of a passenger who lacks capacity may submit a claim to Air Mauritius on his/her behalf. Air Mauritius may request evidence that the legal guardian has authority to submit a claim on the passenger’s behalf.
5. A passenger may submit a claim to Air Mauritius on behalf of other passengers on the same booking. Air Mauritius may request evidence that the passenger has the consent of other passengers on the booking to submit a claim on their behalf.
6. In any event, save for Article 4 and 5 above, Air Mauritius will not process claims submitted by a third party.
7. Passengers are not prohibited by this clause from consulting legal or other third party advisers before submitting their claim directly to Air Mauritius.
8. In accordance with Air Mauritius procedures, any payment or refund will be made to the bank account of a passenger on the booking. Air Mauritius may request evidence that the bank account is held by the passenger concerned.