TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR UPGRADENOW SERVICE
1. The following terms and conditions ("Terms and Conditions") shall apply to any offer ("Offer") made by you ("You") to Air Mauritius Limited ("Air Mauritius") for an opportunity to upgrade from the class of travel of the Air Mauritius flight that was originally purchased to a class higher ("Upgrade").
2. You must be legally of age and able to enter into binding contracts. You shall be deemed to have the authority to act on behalf of and to bind the passengers named or included on the Offer to these Terms and Conditions.
3. You may only submit one Offer per flight which corresponds to the purchased ticket, and the Offer must always be made and paid by using a valid debit or credit card. You shall be deemed to have also made an Offer for the other passengers named or included on the same booking ("PNR") as you. A minimum amount applies per Offer. Each Offer is per flight and payable in addition to the original price of your ticket.
4. An Offer, when submitted by you in association with a PNR made with Air Mauritius, whether made directly with Air Mauritius or indirectly through other means, and presented to Air Mauritius, shall entitle you to be considered for an Upgrade, subject to these Terms and Conditions. You may revise or cancel your Offer at any time prior to 48 hours before the scheduled departure date and time , provided that your Offer has not already been accepted by Air Mauritius and provided your card has not already been charged. If your Offer has already been accepted, you may not change or cancel it and will be legally bound to complete payment for your Offer.
5. Your Offer will be valid ("Valid Offer") from the time of its submission to Air Mauritius, and will expire 2 days (48 hours) before the scheduled departure date and time. However, if you cancel your Offer, your Offer will no longer be a Valid Offer. Air Mauritius may accept your Offer at any time during which it remains a Valid Offer. In the event Air Mauritius accepts your Offer, your card will be charged the full amount immediately upon acceptance, and Air Mauritius will issue you with a receipt reflecting your Upgrade. The total amount charged will include all additional pre-paid taxes, fees, and other charges (if any) for the Upgrade. The total amount that you will pay will be disclosed to you whilst submitting your Offer.
6. In the event Air Mauritius cancels a flight and re-accommodates you on to another flight for whatever reason other than your default, any Offer you made in relation to the original flight will be transferred to the new flight, subject to availability of seats in the upgraded class of service.
7. Despite Air Mauritius efforts, Air Mauritius does not guarantee specific seat assignments to Offers which are accepted. Any special meal requests associated with the original class of service will be transferred to the upgraded class of service.
8. There will be no refunds, credits, or exchanges once your Offer has been accepted by Air Mauritius and your debit/credit card has been charged, except under the following conditions:
The flight for which your Offer was accepted and you were to be upgraded was cancelled, and Air Mauritius re-accommodated you on another flight but in the class of service of your original flight, in which case the amount paid for the Upgrade will be refunded to the card that was used to pay for the Upgrade and Air Mauritius shall have no further liability to you.
Your Offer was accepted and you were given an Upgrade, but you were not able to be seated in the upgraded class of service for reasons attributable to Air Mauritius, including, but not limited to, a change in equipment, a delay in the connecting flight on the same ticket that resulted in your missing the flight on which you were to be upgraded, but excluding reasons attributable to your actions, including, but not limited to, you on your own decision opting to change flights, you missing a flight.
Should refunds be approved, they will be processed in the currency in which the Upgrade amount was charged.
9. The fare conditions applicable to the original ticket that you purchased will remain in effect and will be applicable to the Upgrade, including, but not limited to, cancellation policies, and change fees.
10. Air Mauritius reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to decide which flights will be available for Upgrade and whether or not to accept your Offer, and it makes no representation that you will be upgraded regardless of whether or not seats are available in the class of service for which an Offer is being made. Air Mauritius has no liability to you if your Offer is not accepted.
11. Air Mauritius decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
12. Air Mauritius reserves the right to terminate or modify or otherwise change these Terms and Conditions at its own discretion and without notice. Except as provided for in the preceding sentence, no amendment, modification or waiver to these Terms and Conditions shall be binding on Air Mauritius unless made in writing, signed by an authorized officer of Air Mauritius, and upon posting on www.airmauritius.com. Any cancellation will be effective upon removal of references to the Upgrade and its terms and conditions. It is your responsibility to check for amendments before making an Offer.
13. The failure of Air Mauritius to exercise any of its rights shall not be construed as a waiver or relinquishment of the future performance of any of its rights, and your obligations with respect to such future performance shall continue in full force and effect.
15. These Terms and Conditions will be governed by Mauritian Law and you agree to be submitted to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Mauritian Courts.
16. By making an offer for an upgrade, you explicitly agreed that you have read and understood the above Terms and Conditions and that you agree to be bound by same.