Air Mauritius is committed to providing a website that is accessible to the widest possible audience, regardless of circumstance and ability. To meet this commitment, we work with an independent agency to periodically assess and verify our site. Further, we aim to adhere as closely as possible to the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG), published by the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C). These guidelines explain how to make Web content more accessible for people with disabilities. Conformance to these guidelines will help us provide a site that is more user friendly to everyone.
Air Mauritius makes every effort to provide a good experience to all visitors to our site. For example, we try to provide:
- Alternative text for images to allow screen reader users and those with vision impairments to identify and make sense of useful images.
- Form labels and controls that are associated with the relevant prompt.
f you have any comments and or suggestions relating to improving the accessibility of our site, please don't hesitate to contact us by e-mailing email@example.com. Your feedback will help us make improvements.
To have the best experience of our site, we recommend that you take advantage of all opportunities to increase accessibility and customization that are available. The following two tips should help you:
- In most browsers, try holding down the Ctrl key and scrolling the mouse wheel (if you have one), or hold down the Ctrl key and at the same time, push the - or + key.
- In Firefox and Internet Explorer, click the "View" menu, then select "Zoom" and then choose the whether you would like to increase the size (zoom in) or decrease the size (zoom out).
- In Google Chrome, click the customize button (spanner icon), then select the plus or minus buttons to zoom.
- In Internet Explorer, click "Tools", then select "Internet options". From within the "General" tab, click the "Colors" button. Deselect the "Use Windows colors" checkbox and change the color by selecting the color swatch. Then, select "Accessibility" within the "Internet options" window and select "Ignore colors specified on web pages".
- In Firefox, click "Tools", then select "Options". From within the "Colors" tab, click the "Colors" button. Select the appropriate colors from the color swatch and un-tick the checkbox labeled "Allow pages to choose their own colors, instead of my selections above" and click OK.